13 March, 2007

LOL PVP FoL

I don't get Libram of Justice: Causes your Flash of Light to increase the target's Resilience rating by 24 for 6 sec. That's about 0.61% resilience. Not too shabby because it's free and gearless for the target.

This just brings us to a much larger question: who uses Flash of Light in PVP? Yeah, in one-on-one maybe - but no way in 2v2 to 5v5 arenas!

Shaman's slot item Totem of the Second Wind does the same, but Lesser Healing Wave rank 7 actually heals for a decent amount so I can see as to why Shamans would use it in PVP.

But Flash of Light? It heals for too little to be of any marginal difference. If the idea is for us to throw it every once in a while, then it's the global cooldown plus the short duration that's making it effectively worthless.

I think the best way to fix it would be to make it apply to Holy Light as well. It would be a great addition, cause then I'd actually consider getting it.

The sweet irony here is that it's currently the highest budget libram available.

For Retributionists, consider running Heroic Blood Furnace.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use Flash of light all the time in pvp. I use Flash of light all the time period. It's mana efficent, heals for 1-1.5k and it's only 1.5secs long which helps alot when you're getting pummeled by a players.

10:11 PM  
Blogger chronic said...

I use it occasionally in the arena; every now and then you find yourself in a low-dps battle against other healer teams (this is in the 2v2 and 3v3 brackets) where you really just need to outlast your opponents. In that scenario, since it's so mana efficient, it works ok.

That said, those occasions are few and far between. For PvP, I exclusively use the Holy Light libram from Sarannis in the Botanica. Holy Light is where it's at, especially when you're wearing PvP gear with relatively little +healing.

I was thinking it would almost be nice in PvE, but I suppose any reasonable tank is defense-capped (and thus uncrittable) in any case.

Theory
Eldre'Thalas

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I will FOL then follow with a holy shock heal if I think the target is too low on HP to survive until a HL makes it. It's fairly worthless in pvp though, and we should get a decent 1.5 sec pvp heal.

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can anyone explain to me why the Blessed Book of Nagrand is a level 103 item while the Libram of Light is a level 83 item? Light adds 83 to Flash while Blessed book only adds 79. I have never understood this.

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is a very nice ret trinket. I wonder if you can stack that with the pally leel 50 quest trinket (the one that gives 3% crit to melee and spells).

Almost makes me want to dust off my paladin and play again. ALMOST.

3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fol can be used in pvp.. but holy light is the standard mostly.. 1.5k 1.5 sec heals dont outheal 3 people nuking 1 target

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was the poster 2 above me making a joke? I feel dumber just from reading his ignorant post with uh, how many incorrectly spelled words?

FoL in PVP has very limited uses, the libram is pretty much a waste of points imo.
-Endir

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home