09 March, 2007

Bright News for Tankadins

Tseric has responded to a player post in the Paladin forums asking if they should just give up the whole notion of tanking beyond Karazhan. Distane from Rexxar[A] wants to know, and rightly so, I think.

Clip of Dethecus[A] chimes in with a few troll comments to try and stir the pot.
Shortly after, Tseric settles the issue and says,

The devs actually mentioned today that Paladin tanking wasn't exactly where they wanted it to be and there would be attention paid towards that end of things. Overall, they do expect Paladins, Druids and Warriors to fill tanking roles in end-game, whatever they may be. While there may be a flavor distinction between tanks, we don't want to (or want the players to) find some rigid hierarchy by which classes are measured in their tanking potential to the third decimal point.


Edenite's response made me chuckle, when he quotes Tseric and simply notes,

"Clip just got owned by a blue, lawl."

7 Comments:

Blogger Mastgrr said...

Excellent news!

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that makes me a very happy camper... now, let's wait and see if it happens...

...cautiously hopeful and all...

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's something you guys might want to check into, and bring up loudly if it's true. I noticed the other day that in my tanking gear I actually had about 400 less health than the party's rogue, despite my Stamina rating being 50 points higher. The only pure health bonus the rogue had was a +150 health on his chestpiece, and he has no stamina/health increase talents. However he was 70 and I 68, so I asked him and one of our 70 pallies to go "naked" and tell me their base health totals.

Rogue @ 70 = ~4400 Health base
Paladin @ 70 = ~3800 Health base

I know we're supposed to have less health than warriors. But rogues? This is only one example (and I had to rely on their reported totals rather than seeing it myself), but it'd be worth looking into, I think.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Micah said...

Mm. Could we see an overall increase in the health and mitigation of Paladins?

We have the threat... we just need the mitigation, avoidance, and hitpoints to be equal as tanks.

Except on magic immune/resistant mobs.

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ anonymous #2 - I personally have 4467 health while naked and unbuffed. I also have the 6% stam talent, but even with that, I wouldn't have a base health of 3800. I'll try to find a human rogue to compare it to later, but I'm sure they won't have more than me.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Updated - A lvl 70 human rogue would have 4454 health while naked, unbuffed, and if they had the Vitality talent in their combat tree.

A lvl 70 human warrior would have 5664 health while naked, unbuffed, and if they had their Vitality talent in their protection tree.

And to just finish off the human classes...

70 mage - 3723
70 priest w/Enlightenment - 3821
70 warlock with Fel Stamina & Demonic Embrace - 4310

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to remember the CMs saying that Druids are where we want them, they won't be nerfed, we'll buff Warriors instead. Of course...Druids got nerfed HARD.

So after this, I fully expect a nerf to Paladin tanking.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home