11 January, 2007

Tag, You're It!

Sorry Odinneke, totally forgot about it - but here it is! I don't normally do this, but I'll play the game. 5 things you didnt know about me:

- I study full time at a university and majoring in Political Science. Yes...that's pretty boring you might think, and you're probably right. I also have a hobby of fooling around with electronic music.
- My favorite online game (not mmo) was probably Myth 2. Why? Because dwarves like to blow things up! Man, I enjoyed so much playing that game online. Incredibly fun, very hectic and a lot of gore. "Casualty! Casualties! Flag - captured!" Weee-doggie it was good times!
- Tennis are one of mah sports, unfortunately my right hand is broken (note to self: need to check up on a doctor for that) so I just end up working out at the campus recreational center.
- Any book that involves the European Union I devour immediately.
- I don't cry at movies, but sometimes my eyes become less dry. And that's too often.

I'm tagging Big Red Kitty.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vaelin said...

I majored in Poli Sci. Can't say it's easy to find a job, nor do I really know what I want to do long term, but I enjoyed studying it.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Mastgrr said...

Yeah...I'd really love to work with the EU though, so I might move to Brussels if I can.

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Myth series was fucking sweet,

3:20 AM  
Blogger LordVir said...

I was going to say, what the heck do you do with a poly sci degree anyway? Do you automagically get to work at some thinktank?

Hey Mastgrr, what do you think of "Identity, Tradition and Sovereignty".

Are the eurosceptic types gaining popularity in the EU? I don't follow EU news that much, because as a US citizen it's my duty to be ignorant of world politics other than whatever country we are bombing. ;)

2:47 AM  
Blogger Mastgrr said...

I never really cared about jobs when I decided on what degree I wanted. Just picked something I was fond of.

The EU parliament is quite a diverse bunch and stretches from communists to fascists. That the far right-wingers are organizing in to a group in my opinion is completely OK because it is legitimate. The irony is that I still don't think the EU parliament is as "right-wing" as the US Congress mainly because even conservatives in the EU agree and want a welfare society.

The Eurosceptics are only really prevalent in Scandinavia (feel like they're not really Europeans) and the UK (strong connection to the US). The rest of Europe seem to like it generally more. I really think at heart though that every European really want a strong EU. You can convince ANY sceptic to become pro-EU when telling them about the "counterweight theory" (aka EU should become strong so that the US can't go push us around).

I'm 100% European federalist and it's for mainly three reasons: 1. Philosophically it's interesting. 2. Economically it's beneficiary 3. A US counterweight :P cause things works best when there's competition, and another (economic) super power would benefit both the EU and the US.

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home