04 January, 2007

Might've Changed!

Forlecks just emailed and told me that Blessing of Might's tool tip has been altered in the latest beta revision. It now includes Ranged DPS in to the equation (obviously due to the fact that Hunters were reitemized).

Fangtooth said in Uther's Hammer (at 5/24/2005 3:59:14 PM PDT):
Blessing of Might does not affect ranged attack power. This is correct. The tool tip is planned to be reworded.
One and a half years later I can safely conclude that Fangtooth did not give us an empty promise. Disregard the fact that the change was completely opposite!

I know, I know....I'm being a smart-ass here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's actually been like that for a couple revisions- since 2.0.2 or 2.0.3.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

18 months reaction time from Blizzard? Mmm seems about standard for Paladin concerns. /end sarcasm

If BoM will apply to ranged aswell, I guess Hunters will be a little happier. Finally a blessing they can benefit from ;)
The AGI/RAP nerf isn't so bad imho with the BC itemization agenda.

BTW this can be considered a double effect; the RAP lost from AGI can to a large (?) degree be replaced with our "new" buff, and when BC itemization has made up for the loss, they will just love BoM for boosting them even more.
A thought occured... imp.BoM is what, 183 AP? For a hunter to lose 183 RAP from the AGI nerf he must have 366 AGI. If the hunter is all epic or maybe focused stats for AGI, he might reach past that number... but I think alot more hunters will gain rather than lose out.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SMARTASS :)
I have added your link on my blog and I hope it is ok. If you like my blog please feel free to reciprocate!
Find it at http://worldofwarcraftguru.blogspot.com/
Keep up the good work!

Samownall

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tag! You're It!
See my blog for further information ;-)

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tooltip in the newest beta release is the same as in the live release. However, Might IS adding RAP in the beta.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home