07 March, 2006

Soulforge Gauntlets nerf

Brought to my attention from anonymous, Caydiem says the Soulforge gauntlets've been nerfed.

Too bad. I read a day ago about someone who complained why the Warriors' Dungeon 2 gloves weren't up to par. For example, theirs had a couple of more strength (2-4 I think) and agility (I think) whereas we got +crit, spell damage and +10 intellect. He asked how all of that they had was worth even just +10 intellect. He was making a good point -- why did they deem to give us so much favorable stats in the first place?

This brings up one of the things I've been thinking about for a while... There seems to be a trend where Paladin-specific gear usually have much better statistics on them than plain non-hybrid gear. I'm not kidding. I know it's hard to just say this without backing it up, but I'll keep it in mind the next time I think about -- as it's really just been something I've thought about before in the past.

If you have any concrete examples, please post them.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AB quest boots and shoulders I believe have more stats on the paladin version than the warrior.

4:32 AM  
Blogger Mastgrr said...

Ah yes! Good example! Thanks!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course hybrid sets have more stats on - this is because of the item value formula that Blizzard uses has weightings against high values on one stat, so a warrior who doesn't need INT will generally get slightly lower stats than a hybrid who may need every stat. Just look at some of the one stat and two stat items and you will see this.
As far as paladins being any better off than any other hybrid I'd love to see proof of it. I think at the moment itemisation tries to cram every possible stat onto some pieces we have so we obviously will have the highest "add it all up" stat value.
Then again, look at the AQ weapon rewards to see how gimped ours are coming along - don't ever trust Blizzard in knowing what is good for our class...

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good example of Pally lewt being seemingly better then Warrior/Pally lewt even is the AB armor sets, check em out. it's pretty kewl actioually :P

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry for the repost it seems this examply was already made, my mistake.

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah its with the itemization formula; it has diminishing returns, but paladins arent better of than other hybrids.

Btw make a post about Blade of eternal suckage, a worse itemization is hard to find, especially compared to the priest/druid/shaman ones.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

because paladins are "gear dependant"

3:28 AM  
Blogger Rohan said...

As well, don't forget that we are missing a ranged weapon. People who have such slots get a bit more stats from bows. I believe that paladin armor gets a bit of a bonus to compensate for this.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home