28 February, 2006

This looks like a job for me, so everybody just follow me..

...cause we need a little controversy. It'd feel so empty without me!

Poster Ghmou actually had a link to this blog in his signature (cool, thanks!), and that prompted a blue response from Eyonix. Here's the passage where I object:
If you, as your signature suggests, believe the Paladin "sucks"...
Thanks, but as I've written many times over and over before, this blog is called "PaladinSucks" just to stir up controversy and catch people's eyesight. Ironically my thesis has been proven correct as it worked on Eyonix in this case (he found the name to be controversial).

Question: Where can you find a single piece of text that have me claim that this class sucks?

Here's the answer:

Nowhere.

I am blogging out of love for the class. Then again, is criticism wrong? No. An honest relationship is where you take the good with the bad.

Thus I hereby welcome you (Eyonix) with open arms to post in the comments section or to continue to read this blog, if wish to do that. After all, this is an opinionated blog where the purpose is to read the thoughts of someone interpreting the situation, occurrences and world around him. Some people find my opinions entertaining or informative, some don't. I'm not forcing you to stay.

Edit: The tone of this message has been a bit too negative. Here's a funny picture to cool things off:


(Inside joke of my guild, nobody will get this -- so don't worry about it)

Edit 2: When reflecting upon it, if you read the last couple of post's made it this week it looks like I'm taking an awful harsh stance on the issues. This isn't the usual case as I consider myself to be quite lenient and optimistic, actually.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope my linking to your website hasn;t caused you any trouble. I just like the website.

Also, in a later post, Eyonix refers (methinks) to my "They Don't Know What To Do With Paladins" post.

Here's a snippet.

"Also, the satire concerning the Warrior this post is targetting isn't the only issue I'm addressing..."

I find it hilarious. The truth scares people.

If my account wasn't already frozen from running out of time, I'm sure that I would have been suspended/banned anyway. Ah well.

Fight the good fight!

3:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just another comment. I saw your post, and I appreciated it. I'm sure they will check and see that you and I are not the same person - not the same account.

As such, there should be no problems.

Ah, I've gone too far and disgraced myself before the mighty eyes of Eyoniz himself!

/falls on his hammer.

3:54 AM  
Blogger L'Emmerdeur said...

I think Eyeonix takes it persoanlly, because he's gotten more than his share of flames and snark, even though he just started posting in the paladin forums.

If he was a bit better informed about how poor Blizzard representation was when Caydiem mismanaged the paladin show, he would understand.

4:09 PM  
Blogger L'Emmerdeur said...

On another note: I ran a few WSGs with my UD mage yesterday, all with the same group of people. We took the first 2 easily, but the third was against a team of mostly Field Marshalls. They had the paladin grab the flag and hold it in their FR with a couple of priests shielding and healing him, while the rest of the team hunted for their flag.

That paladin would not go down, and he resisted at least half of pretty much any type of spell damage I threw at him.

I don't remember my pally ever being able to do that, but, then again, my pally had pretty crappy equipment before he retired. However, so few pallys have the opportunity to get good gear, due to the overabundance of available pallys, it is essentially an impossible task for a casual gamer to play the most equipment-dependent class and gear him up to be this survivable.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Platoxia said...

I say fuck um'...

As long as they continue to dis-allow honest posts filled with concerns about the class in the official forums, then fuck um'. You have every right to run your own site about the Paladin, even more so due to the forum-nazi stance they take in the official forums.

I for one, find it refreshing to be able to find non-censored places to discuss this abhorently poorly designed class.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, I take no comfort in any of Eyonix's comments. His statements reinforce my belief that the developers have no idea what to do with the Paladin class.

Consider his statement that Paladins are a "great support character with high survivability and very efficient heals."

First, off, as any player who does major raids, the Paladins' "high survivability" is pretty much meaningless. By the time a Paladin's survivability becomes a factor, the raid is wiped anyway.

Second, a Paladin's "very efficient heals" are not a significant factor if you can put a priest in his place. FoL does not heal enough to change a battle and HL takes too long.

That in of itself, tells me that the developers don't play Paladins on a consistent basis. If they did, they would know this.

Then, there's this tanking thing. The basic idea that Paladins won't tank 40-man raids, but can tank 5, 10, 15, and 20-man raids is again nonsensical.

First, tanking doesn't work that way. If a Paladin can tank a 20-man raid, he can tank a 40-man raid. It's about building sufficient aggro so that the mob will stay on the Paladin rather than run aroung. Most of the bosses in, say, ZG, last as long as the bosses in MC, so if a Paladin will be able to tank ZG, he can tank MC.

Second, most guilds who are running 10-20 man raids will have enough Warriors and Druid. Heck, we have at least 8 level 60 Warriors and 4 level 60 Druids and Silverblades is a medium size guild. If the Warrior and Druid are the better tanks, why would anyone chose a Paladin to tank if they are a "worse tank."

These two statements about Paladins feeds my fear that Eyonix is merely posting to pacify the Paladins and the developers are completely clueless about how a Paladin is played.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home