31 January, 2007

The Great Escape...erhm, Great Mob Dodging.

Paladinsucks.com: the best World of Warcraft blog in Azeroth:

Had a fun time tonight with another Pally in my guild. I wanted to grab the second key part of Kharazan attunement. Since I couldn't find a group to help me out - and I really didn't want to do the entire Steamvault just for the key piece which is at the very beginning of the instance. One Priest in my guild said something interesting: just run and bubble. Get a soulstone and run and bubble.

So yeah, that's what I did. I got a Warlock to soulstone me and I ran in. It failed horribly because I was wall-hugging the right wall. I didn't even get to the tunnel. This made me upset cause I just wanted to just get it over with. But while grabbing the third piece in Arcatraz I crafted another plan to get it...

A couple of hours later I got the help from another Pally. This is how we did it: we both potted with Invisibility pots and ran for 18 seconds. After that we both bubbled and ran for 12 seconds. Then he Divine Intervented me. I let myself regain some health and watched the location of the patrols before I released myself from the DI-bubble and Blessing of Protected myself, tossed a Lay on Hands while running out towards the water and jumping in. There I died and waited for the Pally to tell me when it was safe to pop my soulstone as the mobs had returned.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

About 30 minutes later a Mage in my guild did the very same thing, except he first used Invisibility together with an Invisibility potion.

I wish Blizzard would actually design encounters that would kinda work in this way. But the big question is obviously: how would that work to fit all the classes? Nevertheless it was a lot of fun.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're sick mastgrr, just sick. good job with consolenewsblog btw :P

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, first of all, I hope that Bad Blogger Thief steals the post whole, hook line and sinker.

Second, I LOVE doing things like that in WoW. Like soloing MC attunement, soloing the baby spider pet, etc. I consider those sorts of tricks a brain puzzle and enjoy the living crap out of them. How many times have you completed that one Redridge quest by dying at the foot of the tower and rezzing up top?

Thanks for adding a new, fun trick. Sounds challenging, and I want to try it first before getting a group.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a tip to help with your content theft problem. If you have discovered that another party has reused your site's original content in order to create a landing page for the display of Google AdSense ads, all without your consent, you do have a way to strike back. Please report the offending site's address to adsense-abuse@google.com, explaining that the site you are referencing is in violation of Google's AdSense Terms of Service because they are reusing your content without your permission in order to profit from it for themselves.

My experience has been that this is a very effective way to stop someone from stealing your content (if they are reusing it with AdSense).

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

400 days on the blue tracker woot!!!!!!!!!!

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That double pally DI technique is nothing new.
I used another pally in my guild to get to the troll ghost who does the head/leg and NR enchants in ZG.
We both rode into the instance on mounts as far as possible. Then when dismounted by mobs, we ran with divine shields to the steps leading up to the NPC, where one of us would DI the other. The mobs reset, one pally ressed the other and I got my syncretist's sigil without having to do a full ZG run. Easy, took about 5 mins.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home