28 January, 2007

Mumblings

Level 68 currently, 3/4 to 69 and just respecced Holy. When leveling up I've been speccing back and forth between Holy, Protection and Retribution so I'm maxed out at 50g, fortunately I have a lot of money.

For some reason when main healing Old Hillsbrad tonight it felt really tough...I don't know. I ran out of mana too easily (including using Divine Illumination) and my Holy Light was barely healing for anything (disregarding debuffs). I guess it'll change once I get to 70 and am able to get a rank 11 and all that jazz. It's tough to feel undergeared. Not used to that.

On me switching between specs...it really feels like Retribution had the least down time - I'm not kidding. The mana efficiency for the damage output is very, very good. With Holy and Protection you have to use abilities that use considerable amounts of mana, especially with Prot considering the fact that the best way to grind is to gather 3-4 mobs and Holy Shield and Consecrate.

Yeah...I could always be Ret up to 70, but I really don't feel like I have to rush myself. I'm playing at a descent pace I think. Just started the Karazhan key chain quest at 68 so I hope to be able to have my attunement done by next weekend or so.

From Gamasutra:
British newspaper The Independent has published a list of what it claims are the top twenty best selling video games franchises of all-time.
No Blizzard game, unfortunately. Curiously enough, the "rival" of Warcraft is on there:
18. Command & Conquer (Westwood Studios/Electronic Arts): 25 million
Then again, counting all of the Westwood/EA games in to the Command and Conquer-brand is kinda like bunching together Warcraft and Starcraft together in a 'Craft-brand.

Speaking of that, I can't wait for Command and Conquer 3 to come out. I'm hopeful that it'll be a good game, but it's not really the multiplayer I want to play...it's the single player. I just love the entire tiberium universe. I also like a lot that they're paying tribute to the old days of FMV-movies. Kane is awesome, peace through power.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

check it, they're still copying the hell outta you. http://wow.consolenewsblog.com/
DMCA those suckas

8:58 PM  
Blogger Mastgrr said...

Thanks, but I can't do anything about it. The website doesn't allow comments (probably because people like you posted about the theft) and there's no email contact or anything.

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Id say contact their web register, or even google might do something seeing as thay have google adds. It seems like they are stealing from several sources.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Vaelin said...

I briefly ventured deep into Prot, since early on we were running the 5 mans a lot as a guild. Since then, the hardcores (like me) have been leveling faster than the casuals in our guild, and it's broken down into a mostly solo grind.

Ret certainly has its limitations, but I love the control I have with controlled damage and a mez to go along with my stun. On elites, I usually throw on my spell damage gear and use SoV with Sanctity and JotC. Otherwise, I'm beating stuff down with a 2H.

I'm surprised you find Ret to be the most mana efficient, given how often I find myself drinking. To gear optimally for Ret tends to shrink your mana pool a bit. I haven't tried Holy yet, though the potential of SoV to do good damage with spell damage gear is somewhat tempting.

One more level to go, and I have more than enough to train slow flying and get a gryphon.

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can report them to their ISP.

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guys, its not stolen, he publishes from an RSS feed

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a holy paladin in my server's top progression guild, and I tried 60-62 holy spec'ed and felt that my damage output was far too low (even with good +spell damage gear & HS + ZHC combo).

So, I went ret (20/0/41) and boy howdy did it help. Downtime for mana regen was definitely a lot less, and crusader strike was definitely great (especially with the new Seal of Vengeance).

Yesterday, a day after I hit 70, I respec'ed back to holy, and of course the first thing I did was try my hand at PvP... and I was sorely disappointed. Ret really does make a difference for a combat paladin.

Either way, I figure as my guild is now starting Karazhan (quick, I know!) and we're going to start collecting the tokens for tier 4 gear, I'm going to hold on to my tier 3 set, stay holy spec'ed, and grab the retribution set (Justicar Battlegear).

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from nic.com's whois i can tell the domain is form domainsbyproxy.com and their hosting is at hostgator.com. domainsbyproxy is probably a front but hostgator you might be able to pester.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, it's definitely stolen, whether it's automated or not. all the pointers back home are stripped and it implies, if not directly states that the posts on that website belong to it. if it's just RSS then i suggest talking regularly about how if one of your posts is on consolenewsblog, it's probably stolen. enough of that and you'll find your feed dropped.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Vaelin said...

My biggest complaint about SoV is that the debuffs don't stay on long enough in fights where you're getting stunned/feared/punted/etc. You can build a whole stack of 5, and if you're separated from your target long enough, they fall off and you have to start all over again. This isn't really a problem with most fights I'm grinding, but a real pain in the ass on bosses that you miss often, or who have various ways to interrupt you or distance themselves from you.

Personally, I think that the debuffs should remain active as long as SoV is active on the Paladin.

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vaelin:
I agree, it is far too short. While it couldnt stay as long as you have SoV on you (would be too imba!), they could increase it to seal base time, 30 sec. Not increasing damage, just time, or perhaps increase damage a little bit, considering longer time for the target, or someone else to cleanse it, potentially less damage. Lower DPS, higher total damage maby. The main damage is the judgement anyway...

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reckoning! Thats why i specced 37 prot and all the remaining in ret, so now i can grind with a 2h, pulling 2-3 mobs at once, using SoR all the time, with JoC so i usually deal like 650 damage/swing, double if reckoning is up, which happens frequently if u are attacked by more than one mob. Ardent defender really helps keeping me alive, and I use concentration aura for easy helaing. I tried it with SoC too, and yea, it can crit nicely but if it does not, then fights can take a looong time because of its randomness.
Also this build helped me maintanking UB and SP too, and now more and more players stop whining against paladins tanking! So spread the word! :) There are still ppl who say paladins dont have taunt... :S

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home