11 December, 2006

Dispellable Divine Shield Drama Situation

Micah with the latest scoop:
I know that there were rumors and whatnot about DS being purgeable/dispellable (apart from Mass Dispel), but it seems that some people might have some "proof" that, in rare cases, DS can be purged. Whether or not this is really the case it up for debate. I don't think that it is intentional, but perhaps a bug has slipped in that makes it so that DS can be accidentally purged, or perhaps the spell was made to have a very small (non-zero) percentage chance to be dispelled so that the new functionality in Mass Dispell can remove it. I'm not sure.
Go to this thread and check post 29 on page 2:
It's a battleground and arena bug. It's fairly rare, and it never happens in world pvp. The purge has to hit as you pop the sheild, there's a bit of coding lag between you gianing the buff for the sheild and gaining the actual immunity. If a purge hits at the right time the sheild is dispelled before it's actually there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats very interesting, Because that would be a tough thing to stumble across!

Purge right before a Divine Shield, hah, nice catch.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had it happen to me over the weekend. I didn't have spells cast on myself in the combat log though, so I couldn't screenshot it.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home