25 November, 2006

Turkey Update

Ghmou wants you to check this out. Is +spell damage scaling better than healing? Belarin thinks so.

Did a pug run on Turkey40 tonight. A pretty good run since most of the people were from very established guilds on my server. When we got to Frank Wiess we actually wiped the first time cause we were using a really crazy Consecration + Fear combo. My guildies convinced to try our guild's strategy with having a tank just spamming Battle Shout. We killed the motherf.. snakes and got Frank down. Ultimately I had to cop out cause when we got to the Twin Turkeys I began to get lag spikes and since I wasn't on Vent (their server wasn't set to Speex) I didn't want to embarrass myself by being a total idiot (I know the fight decently but my guild hasn't downed them yet).

What's with the Libram of Grace anyway? Why do so many Pallies think it's such a bad libram? I don't think it is. 10 Cleanses and you've just saved 100 mana. Here's a thinker: if the libram said "You gain 25 mana every time you cast Cleanse" people would probably think it was awesome.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not so much that the libram has no uses, but when compared to a bow/gun/wand that can add crit, mana regen, plus to hit, attack power, spell damage or straight up stats and then you take into account that some epic versions have SEVERAL of these on the same item... you realise how woefully underpowered relics are. Lets not forget they can also be used for ranged DPS.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see what youre saying. Gaining mana. But it doesnt work that way. Thats like saying '25% off sale! the more you buy the more you save!' It is true, but its kind of bullshit.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Vaelin said...

Having endured the Chromaggus fight, I can say with certainty that this libram would be great to have.

The dislike from the Paladin community stems, I believe, from the fact that it was one of the first librams released and seemed to focus on the role we were already sick and tired of playing. Many saw it and groaned, fearing that we'll be further pigeonholed into a buff/cleanse/healbot role forever more.

Last night I tried out a 51 point Holy build on the PTR. I have to say, it significantly improved my healing capability. In spite of this improvement, I still will be spending few if any points in the tree when the 2.0 patch goes live. I'm simply sick and tired of being a healing bitch.

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ ghmou/micah
I think a tankadin would be best off with the Libram of Hope (reduces mana cost of Seals by 20) except for when you're actually cleansing a lot.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home