19 April, 2007

Kalgan Speaks!

In this thread he addresses a lot of questions man of us have. Here are the juicy bits, first is regarding Ret spec viability:
...It isn't an immediate goal for every spec to be optimized for every aspect of the game (arenas, battlegrounds, solo-ing, raiding, heroics, etc).

...getting each class reasonably represented in highly rated teams is a more important goal, and unfortunately the paladin class happens to be somewhat grossly over-represented in this regard.
Then what is our pvp damage spec or are we never suposed to damage in pvp?
If you want to do damage in pvp as a paladin, then I'd say that ret is your spec. It just so happens that it's outshined by the reality that holy paladins are much more likely to help your team win.
I understand the illum nerf, but where did the 50% come from? It seems like a larger cut than needed!
Now that's a valid point. We're certainly keeping an eye on the 50% number.
Kalgan, what exactly is the purpose of the retribution tree?
It's an effective solo'ing/questing/"grinding" tree. It's also an effective tree for damage in [solo] pvp...Ret pallies can do some surprisingly strong raid dps if they're in a good melee group dps composition [thanks to new Improved Sanctity Aura].

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just given up on the Retribution tree after reading that.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's kinda sad. Retribution an effective tree for pvp damage? Ehhhh, when I'm critting, sure!

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cancelled my account in protest after the pally nerfs were announced, Im a ret pally, but seeing them gut prot/holy was just too much, even with the minor ret buffs. After reading this I know now that I'm going to let it cancel. Blizzard has no intention of ever making Ret a viable dps spec and after healing in end game instances for 2 years I have no desire to go back to that. While I have a 70 lock the Paladin class is what I want in a class so I don't have much choice but to move on to some other game where I won't be lied to and strung along for months with the hope that what was initially described in a class will actually match what is done.

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, ret's dead now.

Live it up holy. You win.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home