12 September, 2006

Reflections

To be honest, I'm not that upset about the change. Sure, it's a negative thing since it will make fights tougher, but I'm not mad. I'm just more or less in shock right now because I never expected something like this to happen. I remember way back when plenty of players pleaded over and over again to the developers during our talent review to change DS so they could reorganize and rebalance the class without it in consideration, but alas - they did not consider such a thing, not even with our BC re-review.

No more is our bubble the safety lever we've grown accustomed when we need it. Dunno, just feels like, when you mess around with Divine Shield you're messing around with the most strongest part of the identity of the class. Altering Divine Shield in any way is like changing our identity, especially since Blizzard themselves have reinforced this image upon us players from day 1. So when thinking about it, it's not really the nerf that I'm upset about - it's just that it takes away a part of what we used to hold dear to our hearts: our 12 seconds of pride on the battlefield.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will still be risky for Priests to cast Mass Dispell in PvP. If for no other reason, they'll have a very high chance of proccing an enemy Warlock's Unstable Affliction spell and silencing themselves for 5 seconds.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does that mean things like carrying the flag and capping nodes will work while DS'd??

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you check the pally forums, something interesting has surfaced on the EU forums, aparently they changed the spell to be an instant, 600 mana, and just remove one benefical spell from the target...meaning...Well, take a guess ;D we're saved

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty sure the EU thing was up before the USA, or atleast thats what I'm reading via forums...

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not the issue, Mastgrr.

What people asked for were buffs in return for the nerfing or removal of DS.

Instead, DS got heavily nerfed, and Paladins receive nothing in return.

Nerfing an ability that a class is balanced around is completely ridiculous. It's on par with taking stealth away from rogues, or preventing warlocks from acquiring soul shards (while still requiring spells to use soul shards to function).

This is unbelievable, and is the final straw for me. I am retiring my paladin for the expansion, and moving on to a shaman.

It's been real.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the above poster, its not the fact that they are just taking away our bubble, its the fact that every single ability we have is balanced so that our bubble doesn't make us overpowered. Now when we face a priest our bubble will be just as easily dispelled as bop. How often do you use bop when you arent fighting 1v1? I fear DS will be used just as rarely now and the only reason its used now is because it can be relied upon, that will no longer be the case.

Ill probably be cancelling myself. The only upside of this is that with DS being worthless in mass pvp, theres no reason to not constantly use our new dps ability that will cause forbearance.

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, throwing in the towel so soon because you lost one little DS? DS is nothing but an after thought in my ret pally. Because I specced my ret pally to be able to stun lock you first by nailing you with repetance so i could buff myself according then moving on to judge with command, reactive SoC and then wait until judge is almost recharged before unleashing hammer of justice and rejudging command. The only times I have needed DS are in fights against wars when they pop their anti-melee retalation or when it happens to be a fear thrown out and I get nailed while insignia is on cooldown.(punctuation and spelling are probably crap, but oh well.)

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I REALLY wish I could fight some of the Horde you fight. I need some more opponents that stand still doing nothing for ten seconds.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home